Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Places Where I Study

Well currently I am sitting at Barnes and Noble using there lovely free wireless.  I find myself here about three times per week, sometimes more.  Something about bookstores really gets me in a good mood.  I love the smell of books (and also the smell of the Starbucks!) because it just feels right to me.  I always imagined that someday I would own a house that would have a library.  Just a room where I could keep all of my books on shelves and that would smell like a bookstore.  I find it very relaxing and it allows me to focus on what I need to do.

Today I have classes until 4:00 PM and then I have to head back to Ivy Tech to work.  I really enjoy my job at Ivy Tech and I am always glad to be there.  I am not sure if most people feel that way about there job.  I feel very lucky to have a job that I never really dread going to and in most casses I actually look forward to being there.  I have never really had a good idea of what I wanted to do, this job sort of fell into my lap and I have been very grateful for that particular piece of luck ever since.

I suppose one huge difference between my life now and my life before is that overall I am happy.  I think I have finally achieved some degree of balance and stability in my life which has made things much easier for me.

Today I have a test in my M260 class which is a math class that covers probability.  I am not sure how I feel about this class so far but it hasn't been too bad.  Some of it seems pretty inexact as I have a hard time determining what the question is asking.  I have been doing ok on the homework but the second quiz was kind of hard.  I really hope the first test goes better than the quiz did.

Perhaps I should get back to studying.

~Syffin

No comments:

Post a Comment