Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Second Flight

Hey there!

Welcome to my blog, I hope you aren't totally bored reading my rather uninteresting thoughts and ramblings. I used to blog over at Livejournal (http://syffin.livejournal.com/) but after that died out I lost my blogging spirit. I feel like being a little introspective and also sharing some of what I am currently doing, reading, or just playing around with so I decided to dip back into the wonderful world of blogging!

I suppose it would be natural to give a little introduction in case you aren't someone who knows me in real life. My name is Matthew and I prefer to be called Matthew not Matt. I don't make a huge stink about it but I suppose as I have gotten older I just prefer it. Speaking of age I am 26 years old at this point and also I attend college. I have an Associate's Degree from Ivy Tech Community College in Computer Information Systems and I am working on my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with a minor in Political Science. I have a lovely 5 year old daughter who has given me so much inspiration and really helped drive me back to a productive path in life. I feel very blessed for having all of the advantages I do, and I work very hard to deserve them.

One major goal for this blog is to talk about the books I am currently reading or have recently read. I am an avid reader and I feel my tastes in books are rather diverse though I suppose I lean towards fantasy and science fiction over other genres but I do read other types as well. I tend to reread books a lot as well. I just finished a series and am going to jump right back in to that series from the first book and read it again just because I liked it so much and I hope to pick up on things I missed before. That is one thing about reading that I just love. You can reread most books and pick things out that you didn't see the first time.

In addition to this little blog I also seem to have accounts through a few other place like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and maybe a few others. I might get around to linking to those at some point in case anybody wants to read that though I really don't keep them updated very much. I intend to write in this blog at least once a week.

Well, that seems decent for an opening post so I will say good bye for now!

~Syffin

PS - Syffin is the name of a character I played in an online game called Everquest. It has become my online persona so while I don't actively play online games much anymore it just seems natural to use that name rather than make up a different one or use my full real name. For those of you who know about Everquest, Syffin was a halfling druid in the guild Tuatha de Danann on the Tribunal server.

No comments:

Post a Comment